If you are looking for Dr. Dre's Detox: 1) I don't blame you, and 2) Go here. Thank You - Management

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Temperance: Day 7 - Hammer Time

I'm really only writing this to stay with the rhythm of the thing. There isn't much new. Still walking that straight line. For the most part abstaining from old joys. I wish I could tell you that I've found new joys to take their places, but I haven't.

Like almost everyone else I know I read that Cracked article about harsh truths that make you a better person. I thought it was pretty golden. What resonated the most was the whole consumption vs. creation thing. When I think about my current life in that context it's pretty unspectacular.

I can't think of the last time I actually created a thing. I mean for reals. I barely even cook for myself. My daily costumes are about the only personal creative endeavor that I engage in lately. And really that's just regurgitating something someone else has already created, for the most part.

I haven't unpacked my sewing machine in 4 months, at least.

Something about these grey days has to stop. Maybe that's what it is.

Blah. No need to end this one on a bummer. Overall it was a triumph. All of the Old Habits have pretty much mellowed the fuck out. I don't feel them banging around in my head any longer. I'm not antsy when I get a moment alone.

This morning I got up at a stupid hour to go see Thor. I can't tell a good movie from a bad one, but I gotta say that flick has a lot of flash and bang. And at the end between credits sequences there is a secret Del Toro scene. So ya know. Bonus for having my major lifetime heartthrob being extra weird tacked on at the end of all of those winning smiles and dreamy gazes and fights and things blowing up.

Speaking of, I think having The Punisher on my ceiling would be a major boner killer, but at the same time I don't think I'd want to fuck someone who got intimidated by a drawing. So yeah. Still undecided on that.

On a random note that I'm sure I'll revisit later: I found myself talking to a snobbish art scholar type the other day and I couldn't help bringing up Pierre Brassau - does that make me an asshole?

Probably. But in the grand scheme of things I think I'm doing just fine.

Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment