If you are looking for Dr. Dre's Detox: 1) I don't blame you, and 2) Go here. Thank You - Management

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Temperance: Day 6 - Gone Fishin'

That should have been the title of Day 5. I tried to cheat and actually failed. Apparently god hates me being drunk as much as I do. I can't stand the taste of it any longer. At least not now. Maybe it's the lack of the other crap I used to flood my body with. I ordered a glass of wine and got two sips in before I realized it tasted like shit.

Maybe it was just bad wine.

I don't care. Does anyone?

Generally shitty mood today so I'm going to lean toward shiny happy topics. Like assassins.


As far as Punisher covers go I don't think they get better than Bradstreet's. I swoon for Frank Castle, but when Bradstreet does him it's beyond beyond. Beneath Beneath, like my Dream Punk soulmate.

I'm running out of wall space. BoldGold has lots of doors. So I might do the ultimate crazy person thing and buy a print of that cover above for the ceiling over my bed. Hmmm. I'll need to think on it.

And I wonder where these midnight marauders in my dreams come from, do I?

I don't.

And on the subject of artists, there's a detail I forgot to share about my NY trip. Banksy was having a sort of art show while I was in the city. I'm sure you've read about it or you can google it or whatever. Time is short. My attention span is shorter. Whatevs.

Anyway, the bf was all over this stuff. Reading about each installment every day. Telling me about it on our evening calls. To the point where I kind of wanted him to get off of Banksy's dick and go paint something himself. But ah. That's another story.

Annnnyway on one of the days the installment was a stall in Central Park selling Banksy originals for sixty bucks a pop. From what I can tell that's a great deal, I'm guessing he gets a lot of dough for his other stuff. Power to the People.

It was actually the only entirely free day of the whole trip for me, and I spent it walking. And I'm not an art whore but I love stencils so there's a good chance I would have bought one of those pieces, and then I'd have a really great keepsake from my first trip to the big apple. But I went in a different direction that afternoon, heading West as I am known to do.

I actually had a tiny pang of regret when bf told me about that particular day's activity. But Regret and I are mortal enemies so I told that pang to take a fuckin hike. It did.

Then today in a random internet rabbit hole I found this:



And I think it's so delightful that I want to fucking kill it. I would have ABSOLUTELY purchased that no questions asked regardless of who made it cause it's the closest thing I've seen to a picture of what love feels like in a long goddamn time.

Speaking of time. I'm out of it. I have an appointment. This is random but so am I. And. Well. I love you.

Talk soon.

1 comment:

  1. Ungfffff you could have bought a real Bansky!!! I've been into that dude's stuff for ages. Heigh ho!

    ReplyDelete