If you are looking for Dr. Dre's Detox: 1) I don't blame you, and 2) Go here. Thank You - Management

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Temperance: Day 4 - A Test

No monster dreams last night. Kale was a fantastic idea. And it's been pretty smooth sailing so far. Aside from the false start on spicy lemonade and all. The habit breaking part, it's been pretty easy. My mind goes to those familiar places. Old spaces. I just say to myself

I'm not that person anymore.

And keep it moving. Believe it or not, I've broken up with some of my worst demons that way. A simple decision. Shed the skin, put on a new mask.

But it's still a mask. Don't think I think I'm fooling myself, here. I'm a habitual creature, not a fucking dummy.

But today hasn't really gone my way. And when things don't go my way I like to consort with my hard hitting homeboy Whiskey. It's very simple. Champagne is for good times. Whiskey is for bad ones. And sometimes even the in-between places, which is why I felt the need to put a stop to all of it at once.

Because I'm not that person anymore.

I'm really not. An analysis of me on a molecular level would certainly find that every cell in my being is different from the set I had on Friday night when I rockstar put my head to bed dreaming Wolverine dreams.

And this urge I'm having. It's a Test provided by that older version of me. I can almost see her outside of myself, that's how seriously I take this. So instead of hitting the local pub for a shot I am writing to you. Blessed be, you're serving as my conscience!

I want you to rest assured that the hardest thing I'm hitting up tonight is another story about Jesse and Tulip. And maybe some of that spicy lemonade, it burns going down like my hard hitting homeboy does. Old habits do die hard.

But I'm not that person anymore.

Putting down the pencil. The Test is over.

Finis.

No comments:

Post a Comment