If you are looking for Dr. Dre's Detox: 1) I don't blame you, and 2) Go here. Thank You - Management

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Reminder

If you catch yourself falling out of love, remember to remember the idea of your beloved. The first glimpses. There was a time when you looked at them and only thought of the potential. There was a time when all they comprised was open doors and mystery.

If you can get back there you might just get to happily ever after.

I say this because retrospect is 20/20, innit?

I remember a boy with a skateboard walking by my desk every morning, whose skin tone matched mine exactly. I remember a company trip to Tahoe and watching cartoons with him, scared to sit too close.

I remember walking up to the front door of my old job in that janky alley holding a bag of Boston Market and blushingly nervous about the tall boy standing at the entrance. He had roses in his cheeks and eyes I could swim in.

I remember a boy covered in tattoos who wouldn't return my email because he never read any of it. I remember a hard candy shell that I knew I could melt.

All of this is cliche. I might as well be 13 again and thinking I invented love. These aren't lessons that you really need to learn.

But whatever you do, don't forget them.


No comments:

Post a Comment